Dr. Ginger Arnold is a licensed Clinical Psychologist with a specialty in Neuropsychology who offers neuropsychological assessment and psychotherapy. She strives to gain a clear understanding of the whole person. She considers people’s medical, cognitive, psychological environmental, and social strengths and vulnerabilities to determine how they might obtain optimal functioning and a higher quality of life.
Dr. Arnold is currently in private practice. She provides comprehensive neuropsychological evaluations of thinking and memory functioning for people with memory problems, movement disorders, cancer, stroke, epilepsy, depression, somatoform disorders, and other neurological and general medical problems. Dr. Arnold sees people ages 16 and older and provides geriatric and dementia evaluations. She also conducts pre-surgical evaluations for people considering Deep Brain Stimulation surgery and Epilepsy surgery. Her neuropsychological evaluations are to assist physicians with diagnosis and treatment planning, but her ultimate goal is to help people discover how to utilize their strengths to improve their quality of life.
Dr. Arnold also provides evaluation, consultation, and psychotherapy for people with functional neurological disorders (FND)/conversion disorders and psychogenic non-epileptic seizures (PNES). She utilizes her knowledge of the mind-body connection to help people discover how their body is expressing their emotional distress. She then assists them with increasing awareness of their emotional and physical sensations, developing new coping strategies, and determining grounding and relaxation techniques that work for them to reduce autonomic nervous system distress. She is trained in EMDR and Hypnosis.
- Ph.D. – Clinical Psychology (2002) Fuller Graduate School of Psychology, Pasadena, CA (APA-Accredited)
- M.A. – Theology (2000)
- M.A. – Psychology (1998)
- B.A. – Psychology Bates College, Lewiston, ME
- 2-year APA-Accredited, Houston Conference Compliant Fellowship in Neuropsychology – Harbor UCLA Medical Center
- Trained in EMDR and Hypnosis (2019)
- APA-Accredited Internship – Kaiser Permanente Los Angeles Department of Psychiatry (2001 – 2002)
- Dissertation: Association between Apathy and Executive Dysfunction in Alzheimer’s Disease – UCLA Alzheimer’s Disease Center
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- 5/13-present Colorado License to practice Clinical Psychology (#3900)
- 9/06-present Indiana License to practice Clinical Psychology (#20042125A and HSPP)
- 8/03-present California License to practice Clinical Psychology – inactive status (#PSY19200)
- 3/13-present Certified Yoga Instructor
PREVIOUS PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
11/06-7/13 Clinical Psychologist/Neuropsychologist in Private Practice Neuropsychology Associates, Indianapolis, IN
Dr. Arnold conducted neuropsychological assessments, psychodiagnostic assessments, and psychotherapy with people ranging in age from the teens through the nineties.
9/03-8/06 Clinical Psychologist/Neuropsychologist, Director of Neuropsychology Clinic Southern California Kaiser Permanente Los Angeles Department of Psychiatry
Dr. Arnold directed the neuropsychological assessment service, conducted neuropsychological and psychodiagnostic assessments and Wada tests, and worked on Epilepsy Surgery Center team and Deep Brain Stimulation team to determine whether patients were appropriate candidates for surgery. She developed and ran a neuropsychological assessment practicum training program for clinical psychology graduate students and provided supervision in neuropsychological assessment and adult psychodiagnostic assessment to interns in an APA-accredited internship program. She also taught psychodiagnostic and neuropsychological assessment seminar and offered individual psychotherapy with adults.